Asian Noodle Salad
- 1 whole chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce to taste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 200 g Good Life egg noodles, cooked
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add garlic, ginger and ¼ cup spring onion and sauté.
- Add soy sauce, chicken broth, brown sugar and chile-garlic sauce.
- Dissolve cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and stir into broth mixture. Simmer sauce and stir until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Toss sauce over noodles and bean sprouts. Pour on a platter and spread shredded chicken on top.
- Sprinkle peanuts and remaining spring onions just before serving. Serves 6-8.