Arroz A La Cubana Omu-Style
- 1 kilo sirloin, sliced thinly and pounded
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 200g Good Life Egg Noodle, cook according to package instruction
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash of ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Marinate the beef. Stir together the beef marinade ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the beef slices and stir until coated. Let stand for 10 minutes
- Prepare the sauce. Stir together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cook Good Life Egg Noodles according to packaging instruction.
- Cook the broccoli in a small pot of boiling, salted water until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact. Add the cooking oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the beef and immediately spread the beef out all over the surface of the wok or pan in a single layer (preferably not touching). Let the beef fry undisturbed for 1 minute.
- Flip the beef slices over, add the garlic to the pan and fry for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until no longer pink.
- Pour in the sauce, add the blanched broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Pour in the dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens, 30 seconds.
- Top on cooked Good Life Egg Noodles.