Spicy Mussel and Clam Binakol
- 500g fresh mussels
- 500g fresh Manila clams
- 1 inch ginger, sliced thinly
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Korean chili paste like Gochujang or Chinese chili garlic sauce
- 2 pcs young coconut (buco)
- 1 cup Casillero del Diablo Chardonnay
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tbspcooking oil
- In a wok or deep pot, sauté the ginger and garlic in the oil until fragrant. Add in the chili paste and cook 1 minute more.
- Add in the lemongrass, clams and mussels. Pour in the Chardonnay wine. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in coconut water and the meat. Cook until the clams and mussels open. Discard the unopened ones.
- Serve with torn basil leaves as garnish. Serves 4-6.